Apple Tart with Korean Red Ginseng
Tart has cream and fruits on pie dough. This crispy, soft and sweet dessert is good over milk or tea. Tart varies greatly depending on its shape, dough and types of ingredients.
Cake flour : 250g
Butter : 85g
Shortening : 45g
Sugar : 35g
Egg : 1/2 piece
Korean Red Ginseng Apple Pie Filling
Apple : 2-3 pieces
Sugar : 70g, Salt Little
Korean Red ginseng powder : 5g
Korean Red ginseng extract : 1 ts
Starch : 20g, Water : 200g
Lemon juice : 1 Ts
Vinegar : 2 Ts
1. Whip butter and shortening with a froth maker and add sugar.
2. Pour in an egg into the cream from the step 1 in 2-3 times. Mix the wheat flour with a scoop after having it drain through a sieve.
3. Put the dough into a plastic bag and roll it down hard with a push stick. Leave it in a refrigerator for an hour.
4. Put the dough into a frame for each tart and push it down with hands. Poke the bottom with a fork to avoid the dough from swelling.
5. Bake the dough in a heated oven (180°C) for five minutes.
6.Peel the apple and remove the seeds. Cut it into slices and leave them in vinegar.
7. Pour starch into water and cook it over medium heat. Add sugar, salt and Korean red ginseng powder.
8. Once the ingredients from the step 7 boil, add the apple slices and Korean red ginseng extract and braise. If they become thick, cool them down. Add a lemon juice and complete the Korean red ginseng apple filling.
9. Fill the tart from the step 5 with the Korean red ginseng apple filling and bake it in a heated oven (200°C) for 15-20 minutes.
Recipes Tips !
Leave butter at room temperature before use.
To have the butter or shortening well mixed, leave it at room temperature. Once it is soft enough, whip with a froth maker. Do not pour all sugar at a time. Add it 2-3 times to make it melt well. Knead the pie dough and leave it for a while. Then, roll it down to make it crispy.